What is Remote Support?
Mac HelpMate Remote Support is a service that is done with the help of Mac Helpmate. Mac Helpmate is zero configuation remote screen sharing application. This can be done only by the client initiating a session in which the client can stop at any time. Security is the key factor. The application is free of charge for Sewelltech Customers. Mac Helpmate is an extremely efficient tool for many maintenance routines for Mac OS X, as well a hard drive information tool.
Zero-configuration means that Mac HelpMate Remote requires no manipulation of router settings or port forwarding at either end of the connection, no VPN, Sewelltech does not even need to know the IP address of your Mac or router. All you need is the Sewelltech personalized copy of Mac HelpMate, an Internet connection, and the ability to click a single button.
That means that whether you are doing business in China or sitting at the local Starbuck's coffeeshop, Sewelltech is able to help.
Mac HelpMate Remote Support allows Sewelltech to instantly respond to your needs, questions or concerns, as long as you have access to the Internet.
Mac HelpMate has over 200 troubleshooting, performance, and optimization features, including checking Hardware Sensors, Free Memory, Security Report, and many more.
Click here to dowload the Sewelltech customized version of Mac Helpmate, the application is free of charge.
Security for Users
Question: Because Mac HelpMate Remote Support allows Sewelltech to take control of your computer, clients might become uncomfortable or wary that we can get into their computer without their knowledge or approval.
Answer: Ultimately, Mac HelpMate Remote Support was designed with certain security mechanisms in place to reassure client that they remain in control of their computers:
1. Mac HelpMate Remote Support screen sharing can only be started by the user or client themselves. Mac HelpMate Remote Support has no mechanism for starting screen sharing without the cooperation of the person who wants to share their screen.
2. The session timeout feature of the Mac HelpMate Remote Support screen sharing window ensures that the user's computer won't be open to control for an extended period of time.
3. If, at any time, the user wishes to stop the screen sharing session, they can simply click on the "Stop" button on the screen sharing window to stop it instantly.
4. Each screen sharing session has its own, unique single-use security secret generated when the user clicks "Start" to being sharing their screen. When they, or the support professional clicks "Stop," then that secret can never be used again. Extra security measures include a private screen control account and password known only to Sewelltech, and a unique control key for each computer that is required in addition to the screen control username and password and the randomly generated security secret.
5. All information sent during a screen sharing/control session uses Blowfish encryption algorithm from end to end which, as configured in Mac HelpMate, is stronger than the cipher in SSL certificates used to secure orders or financial information transmitted over the Internet.
Question: My clients are worried that Mac HelpMate might install some hidden "scripts" or "agents" on their Macs that allow you to spy on them if they choose to remove the Mac HelpMate software.
Answer: Mac HelpMate does not require an administrator password to start screen sharing, and will not install any hidden scripts. The Mac HelpMate application can be run from the user's home directory or even from a disk image, and is easily removed by deleting it from the Mac.